As a business owner, your time and energy can be pulled in multiple directions. From work, to home, to employees, to family, there are plenty of people and projects relying on you. It can feel as though you don’t get chance to pause and think. Consequently, organising financial matters, as well as the future of your business and your family, is often forced to take the back seat.
If you’re a business owner, you might find yourself asking:
- “When am I going to be able to cut down on my 60+ hour working week?”
- “I’m trapped in this business that I’ve built. How do I get out and enjoy the rest of my life?”
- “How do I find peace of mind? The burden of having to provide and the fear that I will lose everything is almost too much.”
- “Why does my business pay so much tax? Surely there is a legitimate way to reduce this?”
- “When can I exit the business, and how can I maintain the lifestyle that my family and I have become accustomed to?”
There are many reasons why business owners like you come to us for help. You might be considering the future of your business and your eventual retirement, so want help with your exit strategy. You may have experienced a personal change in circumstances, such as a divorce or an inheritance, and want help with planning the new chapter of life ahead. You might simply be aware that it’s time to get a strategy in place.
The best time to start planning was yesterday; the second-best time is today.
Many of our clients find that their business is not feeding their personal aspirations. From tax planning to effective employee retention, even if your business is running perfectly, it must be able to benefit you and your family.
This, in turn, requires that you have time to dedicate to your goals and freedom to enjoy the life you’ve worked so hard to build. You want to spend more time with your family, doing the things you love: whether that’s hobbies old and new, adventures abroad or quality time with loved ones.
We understand the unique needs and challenges that you face as a business owner. Here’s how we can help:
- We’ll carry out a financial audit that will clearly identify where you are now and where you wish to be in the future
- We’ll create a strategic financial plan designed to complement your business plan, centring on:
- Optimising your business to deliver your personal and financial needs; something that you control, rather than something that controls you
- Delivering financial security and peace of mind using sophisticated cash flow modelling to roadmap your future
- We’ll identify investment opportunities and help you to maximise them
- We’ll identify opportunities to both minimise tax and build up your retirement savings. Whilst tax is just part of the daily life of a business owner, paying as little as legitimately possible is a worthy objective.
- We’ll safeguard your family against unexpected events, such as your death or medical incapacity. We’ll ensure they can carry on as normal, no matter the circumstances.
- We’ll create a retirement strategy exit that will allow you to walk away from your business (be that through its sale or through a successor) feeling financially independent and emotionally satisfied
We’ll work with your other professional advisers to coordinate a structured, focused and ongoing plan, ensuring that opportunities are maximised. That leaves you free to do what you do best; run your business.