What it means
The core principles
The Pension Transfer Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and defined benefit pension transfer advice, ensuring confidence when transferring out of a scheme.
There are nine core principles:
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate.
- Ensuring advice given supports the clients’ overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives.
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges.
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied.
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest.
- Helping clients understand the cost of transferring benefits.
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers.
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes.
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard.
What we do
We are experts
By adopting the Pension Transfer Gold Standard, we must:
- Have regulatory permissions for provisions or pension transfer advice. Therefore, we have demonstrated high levels of the financial and technical knowledge required to appropriately advise on pension transfers.
- Not currently be under any form of ongoing regulatory sanction by the regulator or accredited body in this field of advice. You can, therefore, rest assured that we operate to the highest standards.
- Have adopted all the principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard without exception. Accordingly, you can have confidence that we will uphold the above principles.
Pension Transfer Gold Standard
By working with a firm that has voluntarily committed to the Pension Transfer Gold Advice, you can be confident that you will receive the best possible advice, service and support when considering transferring out of a defined benefit pension scheme.
You can learn more about the Pension Transfer Gold Standard by reading their consumer guide here.
If you wish to discover more about The Pension Transfer Gold Standard and how it relates to our practices, services and experiences, please do not hesitate to contact us.