Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited is an independent broker and advisor and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The purpose of processing your data is for the provision of financial advice and/or the recommendations we will make to you. It is also the administration and management of your investment, pension and protection contracts. This may also be for the purposes of consumer credit and mortgage advice and other financial services.
“Processing” your data includes obtaining, recording or holding information or data, transferring it to other companies associated with us, such as, product providers, investment service providers, fund managers, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other statutory, governmental or regulatory body for legitimate purposes. Also, where relevant, to solicitors, professional advisers, such as our auditors and compliance consultants and other credit agencies and other third parties to enable us to conduct business on your behalf.
It is essential that you read and understand these Terms & Conditions prior to applying for our services. Your use of our services will confirm your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Please also refer to Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited’s Client Agreement and Data Protection Risk Analysis and process document for further details.
The ‘controller’ of your data is Jason Ashman (the individual appointed).
The ‘processor’ of your data is Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited (the firm).
By providing us with your personal data:
- The purpose of processing your data is for the provision of financial advice and/or the recommendations we will make to you. It is also the administration and management of your investment, pension and protection contracts. This may also be for the purposes of consumer credit and mortgage advice and other financial services;
- “Processing” your data includes obtaining, recording or holding information or data, transferring it to other companies associated with us, such as, product providers, investment service providers, fund managers, the Financial Conduct Authority or any other statutory, governmental or regulatory body for legitimate purposes. Also, where relevant, to solicitors, professional advisers, such as our auditors and compliance consultants and other credit agencies and other third parties to enable us to conduct business on your behalf;
- You may be assured that we will treat all personal and sensitive personal data as confidential and will not process it other than for legitimate purposes. Steps will be taken to ensure that the information is accurate, kept up to date and not kept for longer than is necessary. You also have the right to have any inaccurate information rectified and to have the processing of your data restricted if the data is inaccurate. You also have the right to complain to us about how we have stored or processed your data (please see contact details below);
- Measures will also be taken to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or destruction or damage to the data;
- As part of our service to you we will contact you by email, telephone or by post. This contact is in relation to the service we have agreed with you to provide.
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). This includes “sensitive data”, such as your age, medical details, health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sex life and sexual orientation, genetic data or biometric data;
- Some of this information may be required for applications for protection insurance. If at any time you wish us or to cease processing your personal or sensitive personal data please contact the Controller of your data;
- You may access the information you have provided to us for the purposes of viewing/ amending or updating it. Any changes you make will be stored on our secure database and we will be notified that changes have been made;
- We aim to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you provide to us from unauthorised access or disclose;
- You agree that any information which you give us, including sensitive personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), such as health and medical records, may be disclosed to third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies and medical practitioners, where relevant, product providers and anyone whom we may use to process your application on our behalf) for the purpose of processing your application and for the on-going administration of your investment or policy, but for no other purpose;
- Your information may also be accessed by us for the purpose of providing financial services, administration, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for investigative work and Fraud Prevention Agencies if requested to do so in order to meet our responsibilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and general United Kingdom Law;
- Where stored on our secure web server, we undertake to password protect your data giving direct access only to yourself, ourselves and third parties who may need to maintain the database;
- You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer (whether local or web-based) and/or paper files;
- We may also contact you (including by telephone) with details of our services or for related marketing purposes which we think you may be interested. We require your consent to do this. We will not sell your data;
- You do have the “right to be forgotten” – to have your data removed or destroyed in certain circumstances, such as, the data is incorrect or it has been processed unlawfully. Under the FCA regulations we are required to hold our information on you for certain periods of time, indefinitely in some circumstances. By using this site, you are giving your explicit consent to hold your records under the rules of the FCA, provided it is held and processed correctly.
Please note that we are not responsible for the accuracy or content of any sites linked from our own site, nor for the way in which those linked sites might handle any information that you choose to provide them with. We cannot be responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss caused by your use of these linked sites.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction over any disputes between us.
The majority of this site may be accessed without you having to provide any personal or identification details whatsoever.
However, in order to advise you properly, we must obtain certain information from you about your financial and personal circumstances to assess your suitability for particular products and services. If you wish for us to provide advice you can telephone us to arrange a meeting, or you will need to register through the secure area of our site.
Alternatively, you can complete an enquiry form to provide us with basic personal and contact details and in some cases, further personal data such as health and medical conditions. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary; you either become a client or we will delete this information.
By accessing the website you accept and agree the following terms:-
Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited has compiled this website and they accept no responsibility for any loss or damage of whatever nature arising in any way out of the use of, or inability to use, this website or from any error or omission in information contained in this website. Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited reserve the absolute right to alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this website or the services provided through it, including your access to it.
Copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content of this website, including any Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited marks, logos and brands contained in the website, belong to Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited or its licensor(s) – who have expressly licensed content to Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited.
None of the content or materials available from this website, whether permission is granted for downloading and/or circulation or otherwise, may be used for commercial exploitation. You are permitted to download and store (on a temporary basis) any of the contents of the website provide that it is solely to view such contents. You are forbidden from permanently copying, storing or in any way redistributing the contents of this website except for content made specifically for download, such as fact sheets. Such content may be downloaded only for your personal use. The access, downloading and/or use by any person of anything available from this website is entirely at the user’s own risk.
Any links to other websites have been included for convenience only and Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited accept no responsibility or liability for the contents of, or any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use or reliance on the content of, any linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited of any linked website or its provider.
Whilst every care is taken to ensure that the information displayed on this website is correct, no warranty or representation is given to its quality, accuracy, fitness for purpose, usefulness or completeness. In particular the materials on this website do not give specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as doing so. In particular, users should be aware that laws and regulations might be different outside England & Wales.
You agree to indemnify and hold Henwood Court Financial Planning Limited, and any of its officers, employees and agents harmless from and against all and any expenses, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses of any character incurred or suffered and any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened, in each case arising from misuse of or conduct on, this website and/or breach of these terms.
www.henwoodcourt.co.uk is a general audience web site, intended for users of all ages. Personal information of all users is collected, used and disclosed as described in this Statement of Privacy.
General Terms & Conditions
The Company will exercise due care and diligence in conducting their business but will not be liable for any depreciation of investments arranged by them.
These Terms & Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Complaints Handling Procedure
We take complaints very seriously and seek to resolve them as quickly as possible. We will investigate your complaint fairly, competently, diligently and impartially. We will also be consistent with our investigation, as well as being reasonable and prompt. If we decide that remedial action or redress is due we will inform you of this in our ‘Final Decision Letter’ (FDL).
If we decide not to uphold your complaint we will clearly explain why and the reasons for our decision in our Final Decision Letter. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). We hold professional indemnity insurance and will work with our insurers during the complaint process.
Acknowledgement – 5 working days
We are required to acknowledge complaints “promptly”. We consider an acknowledgement within 5 working days to be prompt. Our acknowledgement letter will also enclose details of the FOS to whom you can refer your complaint if it is not resolved to your satisfaction.
Final Decision – 4 weeks
Within 4 weeks we aim to issue our decision on your complaint – called a ‘Final Decision Letter’ (FDL). If we have not resolved your complaint in this time frame we will write to you and explain what the position is, the reason for the delay and a time scale when we expect to send our FDL.
Completion of Investigation – 8 weeks
We are required under the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to complete our investigation in to your complaint and reply to you with an FDL within 8 weeks. If, for whatever reason, we cannot do this we will write to you and explain why.
When replying to you we will provide evidence of our investigation and the reasons for the conclusions we have reached. If we discover we are at fault, we will offer redress or remedial action when we decide this is appropriate. If the decision is to refute the complaint the Final Decision Letter will detail why we are not upholding your complaint.
At this time, you will have the right to refer your complaint to FOS. We will also provide you with a booklet and a link to the FOS web site to assist you in doing this.